Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.leatherheaddistrictscouts.org.uk.
What personal information do we collect?
When a young person or an adult volunteer expresses an interest in joining the Scout Association you will be asked to provide certain information.
- Home address
- Email address
- Contact number
- Health information
- Disability information
- Emergency contact details
- Ethnicity and religion
How do we collect this personal information?
All information collected is obtained directly from you. This is usually at the point of initial interest (even if there is a waiting list). The information will be collected either as a paper record or directly onto electronic forms or interest forms attached to District or Scout Group websites. You will be required as a parent or volunteer to provide consent for us to store and use your personal, or the young persons’ data. Your consent is required in order to ensure our compliance with data protection legislation.
How do we use your personal information?
- To keep you informed of Scout activities and services to you or your child.
- For administration, planning and management.
- To communicate with you about events and activities.
We’ll send messages by email, other digital methods e.g. OSM or telephone to advise you of all events and activities.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose information about you, including personal information:
- Internally – to other members of the Scout Association (Locally or Centrally with Scout Headquarters).
- If we have a statutory duty to disclose it for other legal and regulatory reasons.
Where we need to share your information outside of Scouting we will seek your permission and inform you as to whom the information will be shared with and for what purpose.
How long do we keep your personal information?
- We need to keep your information for as long as you are involved so that we can provide good Scouting to young People and adult volunteers.
- The exceptions to this are instances where there may be legal or insurance circumstances that require information to be held for longer whilst this is investigated or resolved. Where this is the case then the member/s will be informed as to how long the information will be held for and when it is deleted.
How your information can be updated or corrected?
It is your responsibility to update your information in the event of any changes by letting your Group Scout Leader or Section Leader know.
How do we store your personal information?
- On paper
- On local personal computers, tablets iPads.
- On cloud-based servers
- Information is held on a secure database OSM (online Scout Manager).
- The Scout Association have a database known as Compass. Where service records for adult volunteers are held.
Both of these systems are GDPR compliant.
What rights you have over your data?
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data your have provided to us. You can also request that we are that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Availability and changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time. If we make changes we will make you aware.